XpresWash works by utilizing RFID (radio frequency identication) to read a unique identifier off of the windshield mounted tag. The system then is able to lookup the vehicle information, account holder information, and determine the selected wash package based on that identifier. RFID is a fast, dependable, and secure way of linking a vehicle to an account.
The windshield mounted tag is meant to be used with only one car when issued by you. The tag was engineered in such a way that if your customer tries to remove the tag from the windshield it will never work again. This guarantees that car and only that car can be a part of the system with that unique tag. This takes the abuse factor out of the equation when implementing an unlimited wash program.
Sample tag shown above. Credit card style tags also available. The credit card tags are only recommended for non unlimited based programs.
Want your logo on the tag? We can do that too! Just ask for custom printing when ordering tags and we will provide you with cost estimates.
Installing the XpresWash system is meant to be trouble free, relatively easy, and quick. We will work with you or the distributor to understand your installation requirements and provide site specific directions based on those requirements. Typical installation steps are below:
- Mount the XpresWash computer box in a convenient location in the car wash equipment room or back room.
- From the equipment room pull (2) two cat 6 cables to the auto cashier or entry system location. Also pull (1) cat 6 cable to your broadband modem or router.
- Mount the XpresWash reader with supplied hardware and brackets to the auto cashier or alternate mounting location.
- Terminate (1) cat 6 cable, according to directions, to the auto cashier or entry system and the XpresWash light box.
- Terminate (1) cat 6 cable to the XpresWash reader.
- In the equipment or back room terminate other end of (2) two cat 6 cables, according to directions, on the XpresWash computer box.
- Plug (1) cat 6 cable from your broadband modem or router into the jack on the XpresWash computer box.
- Plug XpresWash computer box into a 120 VAC outlet. Turn on power using rocker switch on XpresWash computer box.
- On the site computer go to the XpresWash web page and perform final setup.
The XpresWash system was designed with maximum compatibility in mind, click here to learn more.